Researchers are encouraged to contact us before starting the application process to determine space availability and research compatibility. Research space is available on a first come first served basis and is contingent upon completion of the application process outlined below.

  1. Principal investigators may need to submit a Biological Use Authorization (BUA) with the UC Davis Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S).  Information on the organisms that require a BUA can be found at the EH&S website.  The CRF should be listed as the site of the research.


    Must submit the appropriate federal and/or state permits to move biological organisms to the CRF.
  2. Submit completed Application for Space (found below) form to either Kris Godfrey, Project Scientist, or Tiffanie Simpson, Manager.
  3. Application will be reviewed by the Contained Research Facility Advisory Committee (CRFAC).
  4. PI will be notified of the CRFAC's decision in a timely manner.