Dr. Joanna Chiu – Joanna is an associate professor in the Department of Entomology and Nematology. Joanna began serving as the director of the CRF on July 1, 2021.
Dr. Kris Godfrey – Kris has conducted research on a variety of arthropod and weed pests at a number of locations in the United States. Prior to coming to the CRF, she was a scientist with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, Biological Control Program. Kris joined the CRF in August 2011.
Tiffanie Simpson - Tiffanie obtained a M.S. degree, from the University of California at Davis, in Plant Protection and Pest Management. She has directed research in the areas of postharvest control of arthropods, focusing on GRAS compounds and controlled atmospheres. Tiffanie joined the CRF staff in May 2007.
CRF Facility Advisory Committee (CRFAC)
- Joanna Chiu (Co-Chair) – Director of the Contained Research Facility, Associate Professor, Department of Entomology and Nematology, UC Davis
- Kris Godfrey (Co-Chair) – Project Scientist, Contained Research Facility, UC Davis
- Tiffanie Simpson - Assistant Manager/Containment Officer, Contained Research Facility, UC Davis
- Steve Nadler - Professor, Chair of Department of Entomology and Nematology, UC Davis
- Deborah Golino - Director, Foundation Plant Material Service, UC Davis
- Pablo Guzman - Plant Pathologist, California Crop Improvement Association, UC Davis
- Humberto Izquierdo - Agricultural Commissioner, Yolo County
- Ed King - Agricultural Commissioner, Solano County
- Anthony Jackson - USDA, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Plant Protection and Quarantine
- John Chitambar - California Department of Food and Agriculture, Plant Pest Diagnostics Laboratory
- Dave Tricoli - Manager, Plant Transformation Facility, UC Davis
- Chealsea A. Schiano - High-Containment Facility Officer, Environmental Health and Safety, UC Davis
- Philip Barruel - Biosafety Officer, Environmental Health and Safety, UC Davis